nanog mailing list archives

RE: Peering best practices advice needed.

From: "Ejay Hire" <ejay.hire () isdn net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:27:03 -0600

Hello.

Three options.

1.  Acquire a second ASN, and announce each site's /19 from
a different asn.

2.  Announce each locations /19 from it's respective
location, using the same asn.
Use the cisco BGP command Allow-as-in to permit each AS to
hear the remote site's network advertisement.

3.  If the remote site will not be multihomed, ask their ISP
to announce the /19 for you.

My gut says that if you are advertising a block in the
territory of another RIR, your irr entries will need to be
correct to save filtering issues.

Good Luck,
Ejay