nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP economics morphed into (TCP/RST)

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:07:38 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Niels Bakker wrote:

* steve () telecomplete co uk (Stephen J. Wilcox) [Thu 22 Apr 2004, 16:11 CEST]:
There isnt a "link-local" for IP altho this would be a great solution
(surely this can be written for BGP??).

169.254/16

is not link-local and will be routed if you try. i was thinking link-local as in
ISIS style

Or I could use all eBGP addresses from a block which I dont route and filter
internally.. I suspect this is a non-starter, I will have to include all my
addresses given to me by peers and its gonna screw traces, monitoring etc.

I've seen e.g. BT do this

and public peering? or when viewed from their peers networks..?

Steve

      -- Niels.