nanog mailing list archives

RE: Spam with no purpose?

From: "Michel Py" <michel () arneill-py sacramento ca us>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:51:45 -0800

Michel Py wrote:
You can bet that it won't be long until we see such messages
that not only use only dictionary words, but furthermore are
constructed with a valid grammar (and still mean nothing).

William Leibzon wrote:
I already saw it. Right now its just random phrases being put
together and not yet entire text. And somewhere (actually
several years ago), I've read of AI program capable of creating
complete stories when its given some key phrases to start with,
would not be surprised if same or similar algorithms began to
be used.

Mind forwarding a few? I believe that these are early probes though; no
reason to kill the "bunch of dictionary words" technique too early.

Michel.