nanog mailing list archives

Re: williams spamhaus blacklist

From: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <jrace () attglobal net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:22:21 +0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:29:42 +0100, Steve Linford wrote:

for the benefit of those providers on nanag who use our SBL system,
rest assured we will be removing the escalation 'any minute now' as
WCG are now in contact with us and I understand are pulling spammer
plugs.

Elegant understatement of basic principle that only hitting the
management scum over the head with a mallet will change their
behavior.   Leo, are you listening?

In my judgment rehashing this issue on NANOG is 1000% appropriate
because the people on this list are the ones who have to carry the
bad news to their masters.

Jeffrey Race