nanog mailing list archives

Re: When is Verisign's registry contract up for renewal

From: bmanning () karoshi com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:53:49 -0700 (PDT)

website: www.alt-servers.org.

what a BAD idea.  worse than anything else on the table or in
existence today.

Splitting the root you mean? I'm not sure there was enough info on that
site to come to any other conclusion, but I wanted to make sure.

this is just dns piracy, dressed up in a morality play.  it won't hold.

        DNS piracy is DNS piracy.  This idea fits the mold.
        there are several others that have been fielded recently
        and it is my wish that they just fade quickly.

--bill