nanog mailing list archives

Re: News coverage, Verisign etc.

From: Curtis Maurand <curtis () maurand com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:32:47 -0400

I was able to view all of the .ppt's with openoffice.org running on
RedHat 9.

Curtis

On Thursday 09 October 2003 00:29, the council of elders heard Owen
DeLong mumble incoherently:
I think it speaks volumes, and not in a positive way, that even
ICANN and other organizations entrusted with the management of the
internet can't figure out that documents should be published in an
OPEN standard format.

Owen

--On Wednesday, October 8, 2003 9:56 PM -0400 "Steven M. Bellovin"

<smb () research att com> wrote:
In message <2147483647.1065636656@[172.30.102.254]>, "Patrick W.
Gilmore" write

As someone who was there, would you care to comment on my
impression? Happy to be wrong, I certainly would love it if
Verisign is actually doing  "the right thing".

Without commenting on your impressions, I'll note that everyone's
slides are at http://secsac.icann.org/agenda.htm .  (Alas, all
are in Powerpoint; my slides, at least, are available in many
other formats via http://www.research.att.com/~smb/talks )