nanog mailing list archives

Re: DoS Attacks

From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane () 2mbit com>(by way of Andrew D Kirch <trelane () trelane net>)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:41:21 -0500

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:44:26 +0100
Martin Hepworth <martinh () solid-state-logic com> wrote:

Can SLA's be used to cover this sort of thing. (starts to dig out his
own contracts).

Surely you should be able to bounce it to your upstream provider who
should deal with it for you??

Just a thought.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Due to the efficiency of our upstream provider's abuse department,
opening efficiently at 8 am and closing just as efficiently at 5 pm (because we all know network abuse only occurs
between 8 and 5), the ISP wasn't going to be of much help with an attack that started at 6:30pm localtime.

Andrew D Kirch
Security Admin - Summit Open Source Development Group
http://www.sosdg.org