nanog mailing list archives

Re: Will reverting DNS wildcard have any adverse affects?

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com>
Date: 04 Oct 2003 23:37:35 +0000

Paul, I would not call "root-delegation-only" an enhancement.

it's an enhancement in the sense that it's more complicated and it's more
code and it came later in response to complaints about the earlier feature.

With "type delegation-only", you had to specifically name these and only
these zones you wanted restricted. With the latter, you need to be alert
all the time, keep an eye on all TLDs, whether they are legally using
delegations. If I am not mistaken, "exclude" statement to this option had
four revisions already.

Four revisions in the first two days, none since.
--
Paul Vixie