nanog mailing list archives

RE: more on filtering

From: <daryl () introspect net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:49:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On
Behalf Of Chris Parker
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 9:01 PM
To: Alex Yuriev
Cc: nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: more on filtering

[...]

I don't see how that is the same thing here.  I have an
agreement with cust X to provide services in accordance with
my AUP.  cust X resells that service to cust Y, etc.  cust Y
is bound to the terms and conditions of my agreement with
cust X, despite that I do not have a direct agreement with cust Y.

Oh christ...network engineers trying to be lawyers.

I don't know much, but I do know that legal agreements in the US are NOT
transitive in this way, unless each agreement is included by reference
in the other.

Daryl