nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sabotage investigation of fiber cuts in Northwest

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <chris () UU NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 04:53:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Either the KIRO guys are lying through their teeth, or somebody dropped the ball
BIG time.  The bio of the guy who wrote it is here;

I wonder has he ever tried walking into the transmission hut next to the
tower of a major broadcast television or radio station?  Usually when the
revolution arrives, the first thing you take over is the television and
radio outlets.

"The revolution will NOT be televised
The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox
In 4 parts without commercial interruptions"

I'm fairly certain that the telco huts or CO's have to accomodate multiple
groups having access, so I'd bet that a padlock probably is a tough sell
:( Its very interesting that the 'critical infrastructure' has seemingly
loose security on such vital parts.