nanog mailing list archives

Re: The in-your-face hijacking example, was: Re: Who is announcing bogons?

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:10:42 -0700

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:20:43AM +0100, Richard () mandarin com said:
[snip]
I personally telephoned Cogent's NOC two days ago to ensure they were
aware of the situation; I also attempted to reach Michael J. Hammons
(Sr. Director of Operations at Cogent) when no action was taken, but
was unable to reach him and my call was not subsequently returned.

based on Cogent's apparent unwillingness to terminate their spamming
customers (AS7869 - RelayPoint; but see also
http://spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=cogentco.com&-nothing=Search),
this comes as not much of a surprise to me, at least.

*grumble*
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui