nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP to doom us all

From: bmanning () karoshi com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:06:20 -0800 (PST)

        Too many features layered on a single tool. Haq the tool
        and the dependencies will cripple your service offering.

        Now I don't want to say that you can't do this on your own,
        I am uncomfortable with such tactics being promoted as the
        one true way that all modern thinkers should adopt.

Why not?  Can you be more specific as to why you think that LDAP is not
suitable?

Thanks,
Christian

I believe that LDAP can be the core of this toolset.

--Michael Dillon

      Why not put everything into a MySQL db?  :)

      LDAP is  a fine tool but it was not designed to do some
      of the things that other tools do.  We are not yet at the
      point where all we have the the LDAP hammer so everything
      looks like a db-nail.

--bill

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."