nanog mailing list archives

Re: APNIC returning 223/8 to IANA

From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:24:52 -0500

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 01:11:06AM -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

Anybody else think IANA should tell APNIC to take what was issued and
STFU? I mean, come on, you're want a different /8 because a single /24 at
the very end was reserved? And you're trying to convince us that the
intelligent people in the AP have no way of coming to grips with the
concept of "RESERVED"?

Hell, just allocate that single /24 back to IANA and nobody has to deal
with the earth shattering difficulty of translating RESERVED.

Somebody has to deal with the issue of breaking the pretty aggregation due
to the /24 at the end. Why does APNIC feel it shouldn't be them that must
deal with this small problem? That region of the net certainly causes its
share of problems.

If APNIC doesn't want it, I'm sure I could find someone who does. :)

Yes this is remarkably silly. What could possibly be broken by a reserved
/24 out of a /8.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras