nanog mailing list archives

RE: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

From: Simon Lyall <simon.lyall () ihug co nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:28:55 +1300 (NZDT)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Todd A. Blank wrote:
I continue to agree that moving critical resources (see below) to these
new blocks is the best approach I have seen or heard in the months since
I made the original post.  This approach punishes the clueless instead
of the people that already know what the problem is (and have to live
with it every day)

After this 69.0.0.0/8 thing is sorted out I guess we can move the
"critical resources" over to 202.0.0.0/7 to track down all the idiots
blocking that range (trying to decide if I should put a smilie here).

I nominate the arin.net nameservers.

Could someone publish a name of a valid resource (or even pingable ip) in
69/8 space? This would allow people to test their (and their upsteams)
filters quickly while we wait for the list to come out.

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall () ihug co nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon () darkmere gen nz