nanog mailing list archives

Re: source filtering (Re: rfc1918 ignorant)

From: variable () ednet co uk
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:44:33 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:

      I think you'll see more and more networks slowly over
time move closer to bcp38.

Is there anywhere that this is recorded?  It would be interesting to see
what the actual state of play on implementation of BCP38 was.

I believe that AT&T is the only "tier-1" provider that is in full
compliance with this.

We've asked other tier-1's about BCP38 and were completely underwhelmed by
the response.  If you believe in the BCPs then I guess you just have to
vote with your feet and try to use transit providers which comply with
them.

We've been trying to get transit from AT&T in London for a while now, but
they're obviously spending all their efforts on blocking RFC1918 traffic
rather than talking to prospective customers.  :-S

Rich