nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level3 routing issues?

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:23:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:

## On 2003-01-25 20:04 -0000 Stephen J. Wilcox typed:

SJW> Heres my advice to the uninitiated. Run linux, run firewalls, disable what you
SJW> dont need and listen to folks who have real world experience.
SJW>
SJW> Steve

 Please don't start a flame war about this but are you implying that the
Major Linux distributions are the "most secure" Unix-like OS
(at least out of the box) ???

I hadnt really thought about it, I was just offering my approach to running
servers on the public Internet

Dont read too much into it, I wasnt suggesting that snippet as the absolute way
to connect to the internet.. it was preceded by a discussion on where folks
place their database servers..

Steve