nanog mailing list archives

Re: att.net email issues?

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:09:20 -0600

Once upon a time, Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net> said:
I'm hoping that more large ISP's will make valid reverses a requirement.
Everyone will conform to meet what the largest user bases require and allow
the smaller guys who want to revamp able to safely do so. This is the
standard premise for any form of migration. Can anyone get aol to enforce
it, please?

It is funny that AT&T is doing this - we recently had a connection to
AT&T installed and repeatedly asked for reverse DNS on the interface IPs
(so traceroute would "look nice" for example), and it was never done.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>