nanog mailing list archives

RE: routing between provider edge and CPE routers

From: "Mike Bernico" <mbernico () illinois net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:04:43 -0600

Thanks so much for all the feedback.  All your input has been extremely
helpful.

Just to clarify:

In our network core all customer routes are summarized and carried in
iBGP. That was a recent change of mine.   We use EIGRP to carry loopback
and next hop information.  I'm working on migrating us to IS-IS
currently.  (Hmm...that last sentence probably just opened up another
can of worms...)  At the network edge we use heavily filtered EIGRP.

I was already leaning towards static routes, based on this groups input
I would say that it will be a new priority.

Thanks again

Mike