nanog mailing list archives

RE: 69.0.0.0/8 - Please update your filters

From: "Sameer R. Manek" <manek () ecst csuchico edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:58:16 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Todd A. Blank

We were an early user of the 69/8 address space.  I started the original
thread on this subject back in Sept/Oct 2002.  While I am very disturbed
(but not surprised) to find out that there are still serious issues with
networks acknowledging this allocation, this is one of the best
suggestions I have seen for doing something to force the issue.

Filters once in place are rarely removed, unless the maintainers of the
filters are notified about a specific problem. Even then the filters never
completely go away. There is always a device or two in everyone's network
that have been forgotten about, with outdated filters.

Sameer