nanog mailing list archives

Re: 69.0.0.0/8 - Please update your filters

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:31:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Haesu wrote:

And how quickly would those ASN's respond to or even comprehend the
bogon-filter update notices? If those ASN's are competent and
quick-responsive ones, we should not even be having these prroblems to
begin with.

If the alternative is getting space, giving it to customers, and
explaining why they can't reach X, Y, and Z on their connection to us, but
they can on other internet connections, we're going to at least have to
try.

I like the idea of moving the gtld servers into such space.  That way, the
networks that are at fault will break, and they'll be well motivated to
fix their filters.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |