nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Selfish Routing"

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 07:14:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Pete Kruckenberg wrote:

Abstractions and analogies aside, is this really a problem,
and is it really worth solving? Sounds like a lot of
additional complexity for the supposed benefits.

When I read the article I didnt recognize anything in it that correlated
with my understanding as to how BGP et all works. Am I the only one who
after reading it thought the author needs to cut back on whatever drugs he
is taking?

I have never seen any router "send test packets and time them" nor take
congestion into account when doing routing decisions?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se