nanog mailing list archives

OT: Re: Locating rogue APs

From: Len Rose <len () netsys com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:08:17 -0500

Sorry to waste more bandwidth on this, but there is a very
good list at: http://fingerprint.unbolted.net/view.php
which also includes the adapter information.

Len

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 02:28:01PM -0600, John Kristoff wrote:

[snip]

Actually, the info was to meant to provide operators with very
rudimentary AP tracking info that can mostly be done from the network
devices.  If someone has login access to a switch/router, you can
use the MAC and IGMP address info to identify potential APs fairly
easily at the CLI or via scripts.

If there is incorrect or missing information, as I mentioned at the
mic, I'd appreciate any updates.  Feel free to send them to me via
private email and I can send out an update if there is interest.

John