nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hey netscalibur! (was: Re: Hijacked email)

From: Christopher Chin <cchin () ack Berkeley EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:38:43 +0100
From: Dan Houghton <dan () houghton org uk>
To: Christopher Chin <cchin () ack Berkeley EDU>
Cc: nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: Hey netscalibur! (was: Re: Hijacked email)

  [. . .]

IP in question is in use by a Netscalibur UK customer. The RIPE whois
record for the IP provides the abuse@ contact details (which is staffed and
dealt with correctly) but also noticed you emailed onto
noc () netscalibur co uk as well.

I'll make sure that the NOC staff deal with it and get these stopped.

Thanks for the quick response, Dan.  It's great to
hear that you have alert folks on the other end of both abuse@
and noc@ roles.

As with most organizations, we have a fair amount of overlap
between queries that arrive at abuse@, security@, and noc@,
but we tend to handle operational issues via noc, and abuse@ is
mostly for questionable behavior (intentional or otherwise) by
our local users.  With that in mind, I figured noc@netscalibur
would be the more appropriate address.  Please do let me know
(offline is OK too) if that is not your preference.

Thanks,
 - Christopher