nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cross-country shipping of large network/computer gear?

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Matthew Zito wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice or suggestions on
shipping heavy/bulky equipment (~300 pounds, about a half-rack worth of
gear) on short notice cross-country?  We're obviously looking to minimize
cost, but realistically it can't be in transit for more than two days.  Are
there any companies or methods people would recommend?  Thanks in advance
for the help.

FedEx, or Forward Air.

FedEx - Door-to-door, reliable, easy to do business with.

Forward Air - Terminal to terminal.  You deliver it to their facility near
an airport, they deliver it to a terminal near the destination airport.
This means that you need guys and a truck at both ends.  A bit more trouble
than FedEx to do business with.  You'll typically need to palletize your
gear.

http://www.fedex.com/
http://www.forwardair.com/

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay () west net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV