nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cross-country shipping of large network/computer gear?

From: "N. Richard Solis" <nrsolis () aol net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:27:16 -0400

FedEx will be your best bet.  Trust me.

You COULD do a counter to counter shipment via an airline cargo desk.
That MIGHT be cheaper but you will still have to transport it from your
spot to their pickup and back again on the other side.

Rail is not an option because it is across country.
Ground/Highway is not an option because it is across country.

Your only choice is by air.

Use FedEx.  Life is short.

-Richard

Matthew Zito wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice or suggestions on
shipping heavy/bulky equipment (~300 pounds, about a half-rack worth of
gear) on short notice cross-country?  We're obviously looking to minimize
cost, but realistically it can't be in transit for more than two
days.  Are
there any companies or methods people would recommend?  Thanks in advance
for the help.

Thanks again,
Matt

--