nanog mailing list archives

RE: FW: TNT issues "workaround"

From: "John Lord" <lord () allturbo com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:08:41 -0400

Ive been watching mine and finally see this error

*Mar 19 14:48:53.951 UTC: %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 2708
bytes failed from 0x603FE6C0, alignment 0
Pool: Processor  Free: 6402796  Cause: Memory fragmentation
Alternate Pool: None  Free: 0  Cause: No Alternate pool

-Process= "ISDN L2 Process", ipl= 0, pid= 94
-Traceback= 603FC690 603FDC90 603FE6C8 60102990 600A84A8 600A8D34
*Mar 19 14:48:54.635 UTC: %SYS-2-CFORKMEM: Process creation of Async tty
Reset failed (no memory).
-Process= "Serial Background", ipl= 0, pid= 8
-Traceback= 6040D2A4 60414AEC 606B03C4 606B06A0 600704C4

Im doing

b) blocking all echo/echo-reply coming in from dial-up users (i.e. apply

an input acl to your virtual-template and/or group-async interfaces).

But it doesn't seem to stop it from locking up. Ive been killing users
as I see users with the worm , This is on a cisco as5300 by the way.
Whats the command to disable route cache?

John Lord(lord () allturbo com)
It Manager
AllTurbo Internet Services Inc
410-213-9388 Office