nanog mailing list archives

Fortune: Peter Lewis reports from the front lines of the worm wars

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Lewis, a writer for Fortune.com (and I believe previously for
the New York Times) reviews his week in his Weblog.

The East Coast blackout, two disk crashes, a backhoe cuts his phone
lines, worm attacks on AOL Time Warner's corporate network, and then
the worm gets him (or rather his computer).

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/ontech/0,15918,477882,00.html
The Worm Turns - August 22 2003

Did this week suck, or what?

Perhaps as retribution for my smug comments on the radio last week that
MY house, MY office and MY computer networks were unaffected by the Big
Blackout of 2003, the technology banshees came visiting Monday morning.
[...]