nanog mailing list archives

RE: Dealing with ARIN.. my experiences & tips

From: "Mark Borchers" <mborchers () igillc com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:15:39 -0500

RIRs should allow a member to voluntarily renumber several disparate
allocations into a single prefix.  The original allocations would be
forfeit after a reasonable renumbering period, e.g. 6 months.  If the
member has at least one PI allocation, they should be allowed to combine
it with PA allocations into a new, larger PI allocation.

<http://www.arin.net/policy/2002_6.html>

This proposal will be coming out for final call on ppml () arin net shortly,
slightly modified to address concerns raised on the mailing list
and at the
public policy meeting last week in Memphis.

Alec
ARIN AC Member

Within my finite sphere of experience, they are quite accomodating
to this type of numbers trade-in, even in the absence of the official
policy.