nanog mailing list archives

Re: selective prepends...one more time

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:09:45 -0400

In a message written on Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 03:43:33PM -0400, jlewis () lewis org wrote:
From last week's thread on Cogent service and selective prepends, I've
compiled a list of transit providers that support BGP communities for
selective prepends when propagating routes to peers.

I'd like to ask a slightly different question.  At the providers
who do support this feature, how many of your customers actually
use it?

The last time I asked a couple of people this question in private
the answer was generally a number of customers that could be counted
on one hand, even at some quite large providers.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request () tmbg org, www.tmbg.org