nanog mailing list archives

RE: Thanks! Re: Re: Root DNS Server Issues?

From: Doug Barton <DougB () DougBarton net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:40:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Bodie Francis wrote:

I am sure Doug and others could use this to reduce the typing (the reason
Unix was invented) when doing recursive queries for delegations (it even
identifies lame delegations quite nicely.)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My example was intended to be pedantic, as
opposed to actually being useful. dnstracer is an interesting program, but
I have a home-grown tool of my own that I use for day to day delegation
chain sniffing. The dig in bind 9 also has a new trace option that's
fairly useful.

Doug