nanog mailing list archives

Re: PM3's crashing

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <chris () UU NET>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:30:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Chris Adams wrote:

Once upon a time, Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net> said:
Anyone seeing odd crashes on Lucent PM3's tonight?  We have boxes dying all
over the network with hard lockups.  The machines are in different physical
locations with different telcos.  It smells alot like a DOS of some sort.

Do you have SNMP enabled?  We have a couple of TNTs stop talking to the
ethernet periodically, apparently due to the SNMP bugs (and someone
probing).  Software upgrades are now scheduled (of course, not an option

Strange, as I recall the testing we did at the last snmp 'event' showed
the TNT's to actually be one of the best off snmp-bug-wise, with no
service impacting snmp bugs.