nanog mailing list archives

Re: PM3's crashing

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:11:08 -0600

Once upon a time, Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net> said:
Anyone seeing odd crashes on Lucent PM3's tonight?  We have boxes dying all
over the network with hard lockups.  The machines are in different physical
locations with different telcos.  It smells alot like a DOS of some sort.

Do you have SNMP enabled?  We have a couple of TNTs stop talking to the
ethernet periodically, apparently due to the SNMP bugs (and someone
probing).  Software upgrades are now scheduled (of course, not an option
for the PM3 <sigh>).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>