nanog mailing list archives

Re: anybody else been spammed by "no-ip.com" yet?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 23:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Gregory Hicks wrote:

money. Today with flat rate access and many people not paying on a per
packet basis it seems to me that the responsibility lies with the end
user to filter properly and or dress that delete key.  I always shut
[...snip...]

The problem with this is that, yes, to the END USER, there is no direct
cost involved.

However, in order to maintain the same level of service, the ISP is
forced to go get a bigger pipe and/or bigger, faster routers and/or
servers.  (Raises prices a bit per account)

Yes, I've always said that the costs MUST be looked at in the aggregate.

In all of this, the bozo (well..., 'user' really)

no, 'bozo' is appropriate.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net