nanog mailing list archives

RE: DDOS attacks and Large ISPs doing NAT?

From: "Mansey, Jon" <Jon_Mansey () verestar com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:06:33 -0700

That would come under the heading of a virus or trojan I believe. And sure
there is no reason a NAT'd cell phone couldnt participate in this type of
attack.

The DDOS discussion is specifically referring to a "live" syn or syn/ack
attack from hosts that respond to connection requests. A NAT'd cell phone
wont, cant ever, respond to an unsolicited connection request.

jm