nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bet on with my boss

From: "Pawlukiewicz Jane" <pawlukiewicz_jane () bah com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:22:00 -0400

Oh you made me laugh ...

thanks,

Jane

"Sam Hayes Merritt, III" wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Pawlukiewicz Jane wrote:

Hi,

How important is the phone to you? I mean, given some situation that
arises, can we solve it without the phones?

Just curious.

You can ignore me if you want. That's okay.

Jane

To me, personally, as an individual and not speaking as an
admin, i could give a damn. Try not to use the flipping things
except very rarely, irritating nuisances they are.

To me, speaking as someone who works as a clec/cable company/isp,
they're purty damn important. Phones can save lives. Without them,
its damn hard to reach emergency service so nearly every house now
has one. But the internet, you can get by just fine without it now.
It doesn't yet have a killer app ;)

sam