nanog mailing list archives

Re[2]: Bet on with my boss

From: Richard Welty <rwelty () averillpark net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:01:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:42:23 -0700 Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 03:37:56PM -0400, pawlukiewicz_jane () bah com said:
How important is the phone to you? I mean, given some situation that
arises, can we solve it without the phones?

If the network is down, the phone is critical. For any complicated
problem,
the phone is also critical.

and in particular, one point that the inexperienced often overlook, but
probably 99% of the readership of this list is familiar with, is that a
modem in a remote equipment cabinet is a good thing, as when you blow a
router config and it stops talking to the network, dialing into it via
said modem is the only quick path to saving your job.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty () averillpark net