nanog mailing list archives

RE: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () COLT NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:00:12 +0100

Gert,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:59:22PM +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:
I suggest that if the RIPE need another provider that they
take time and issue a proper RFI/P/Q through the European
Journal. It does ask an interesting question over disaster
recovery in situations like this.

Hmmm?  As far as I can see, RIPE has enough providers.  The problem is
that the ccTLD secondary server hosted at KQ broke - which isn't RIPEs
fault, and doesn't even host anything RIPE is master for (like ripe.net
or the *.in-addr.arpa zones).

Hence why I said "if the RIPE need another provider". Note the
part that has "if" in it.

Regards,
Neil.