nanog mailing list archives

Re: FW: router startup behavior

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:06:04 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:03:35PM -0500, Stephen Griffin wrote:
In the referenced message, Jared Mauch said:

    You may want to consider using tftp/rcp/whatnot loaded
files for this.

    As it loads [most if not all depending on the config length] all
of the config then parses it promptly.

    this will prevent leakage in rare cases.

    - jared

I have noted that even tftp-loaded files run the risk of a BGP scan
occuring between the parsing of "no access-list foo" and the parsing
of the first "access-list foo" line. It appears Brand C takes the
non-existance of an access-list to mean "implicit permit". I think this
is probably the source of much of the seen mini-leaks.

        i had a mini-leak that was only related to an adjacent router
rebooting that also originated the p2p /30

        i think there is some bug w/ community based filtering
that allowed it to leak.  (i am following up with the related
vendor)

        - jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net