nanog mailing list archives

RE: router startup behavior

From: "Borchers, Mark" <mborchers () splitrock net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:23:03 -0600

the most likely cause would be one of:

<items deleted for brevity>

  (c) script used to configure router(s) adds a 'network'
statement prior to trimming route-filters

Yeah, (c) seems most likely to me.  Ratul, a script like
this or some variant could cause what you are seeing:

config-router#  no neighbor <a>
config-router#  no neighbor <b>
config-router#  no neighbor <c>
(script to rewrite filters executes)
config-router#  neighbor <a> remote-as <x>
config-router#  neighbor <a> remote-as <y>
config-router#  neighbor <a> remote-as <z>
(sessions start coming up)
config-router#  neighbor <a> route-map <A> out
config-router#  neighbor <b> route-map <B> out
config-router#  neighbor <c> route-map <C> out
config-router#  Ctrl-Z
# clear ip bgp external soft out

Just guessing - you're seeing these events between midnight
and 5 am?