nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

From: "Adam \"Tauvix\" Debus" <nanog () delsol net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:16:05 -0800

So for the sake of argument, in your proposal an ISP could filter all of
the blocks that the RIRs allocate out of and hamstring them indefinitely?

    Perhaps not, but an X month period after the inital allocation to the
RIR where they don't assign out of that pool might be wise. Perhaps e-mails
can be sent to the registered contacts of existing IP space upon initial
allocation, on the first of each month, and then on the last day of the
hold.

    I know that I am sometimes a bit too busy to take care of something like
that at the very instant I get the e-mail, and that it can fall to the
wayside. Many times a reminder e-mail has come at a moment where I was able
do to something about it.

Thanks,

Adam "Tauvix" Debus
Linux Certified Professional, Linux Certified Administrator #447641
Network Administrator, ReachONE Internet
adam () reachone com