nanog mailing list archives

Re: AOL & Cogent

From: alex () yuriev com
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:02:01 -0500 (EST)

2. I think I asked this before, why wouldn't Cogent prepend
customer prefixes to Level3 or set BGP4 community for multihomed sites,
homed w/ Cogent + someone else.

(This is to control inbound, and please don't go into "this is not-standard
and Cogent won't do it".)

This is non-standard and Cogent wont do it. It is their policy not to do
non-standard stuff. To change the policy, you simply need to take control of
Cogent.

3. Did anyone suggested to Cogent to carry traffic (or some portion of it)
to AOL via MFN to offload its Level3 peering? I couldn't get any straight
answer from Cogent why this can't be done.

Same reason as above.

Alex