nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Interview Questions and critic

From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman () es net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:16:28 -0700

From: "John Palmer" <nanog () adns net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:52:01 -0500
Sender: owner-nanog () merit edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Baptista" <baptista () dot-god com>
To: <nanog () merit edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 09:41
Subject: IPv6 Interview Questions and critic

Hi:

I'm doing an article on IPv6 and am looking for comments - here is a
portion on IPv6 which relates to the privacy issue ... any comments,
crtics or interviews welcomed.

-- snip
As you know IPv6 is a suite of protocols for the network layer of the
Internet which uses IPv4 gateways.  It's purpose is to expand address
space.  At this time IPv6 comes prepackaged with all popular operating
systems. This includes all flavours of unix , windows and Mac OS.

Windows? I don't think so, not yet anyways

Yes, Windows. Today. Now. But you must explicitly enable it at this
time.

I have been told that it will come enabled sith Windows XP SP2. I
don't know exactly when SP2 is scheduled for release.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman () es net                       Phone: +1 510 486-8634