nanog mailing list archives

RE: Deaggregating for emergency purposes

From: "Derek Samford" <dsamford () fastduck net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:21:13 -0400

This was by far the most clued post in the entire thread.
1. For the most part, engineers are happy to talk to engineers.
2. See one.
3. A Tier-1 lives and dies by its reputation. If they let hijacks go
unnoticed, then that's a black tarnish, and all of NANOG will know.
Besides they are generally extremely helpful. I speak from experience,
as I've had to deal with this on a few occasions. Generally speaking, 30
minutes is the longest you'll have to wait for something as easy to stop
as this.

Derek