nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Q] BGP filtering policies

From: Henry Yen <henry () AegisInfoSys com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:43:16 -0400

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 07:00:28AM -0700, Sean M. Doran wrote:
| UUNet suggested that any problems encountered
| as a result of this allocation could probably solved by e-mailing
| any NSP whose traffic interchange with us might be negatively
| affected (unlikely, to be sure, but still...), and would then
| change their filter (I'm unconvinced of this scenario).

Try offering some money to such NSPs -- it probably doesn't have to
be much, and of course you would be receiving substantial benefit...

Wouldn't it be more sensible to leverage the funds and instead offer
the money to UUNet, to swap for a class C space block?

If that were an option, we'd probably do it.  I don't think that it is.
--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York