nanog mailing list archives

Re: The backbone that sucks least?

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 22:37:17 -0700

We have servers colocated in 8 locations, 4 each with 2 of the big-name
colo providers, one of which made news today (no points for accurate
guesses).  We are looking at adding new server locations in a carrier
neutral location like Equinix (who else is doing multiple carrier neutral
locations and has available space?

paix, for one.

Of those, who sucks least?  Does paying extra for UUNET actually get you
anything extra (better customer service, better billing/accounting service,
better trouble ticket tracking and reporting)?

i've just got to say that uunet's monitoring and trouble ticketing is Great.
i don't know whether their backbone is good or not, but their proactive
monitoring and subsequent issue tracking is just Great, that's all, Great.
whoever set it up should definitely buy themselves a cigar, or whatever.