nanog mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: telehouse - 25 broadway

From: JC Dill <nanog () vo cnchost com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 06:49:44 -0700

On 03:31 AM 9/16/2001 -0400, David Lesher wrote:

>(I'm sorry to guess if it still overheats, a blown headgasket
>or cracked head are real possibilities...)

That would be likely if it's leaking water. If it isn't leaking water, we are right back at that radiator. I bet the radiator isn't doing a sufficient job of cooling the water that's going thru it because the radiator's fins are clogged with dust. Get out that hose and drizzle it over the radiator so that a stream of cool water is going over the fins instead of relying on air blowing over the fins to cool the circulating water. If this doesn't affect the overheating problem at all, then you have diagnosed that it isn't the radiator and will have to start looking more closely at the block/head.

jc