nanog mailing list archives

Re: the group

From: johnl () iecc com (John R Levine)
Date: 28 Oct 2001 19:00:44 -0500

You and others here probably already know this trick, but you might be able to
get automatic echoes if you use the list address as the moderator of the
newsgroup, such that replies are forwarded to the moderator address rather
than being posted. Might also need to massage the outbound message so that it
strips off unwanted NNTP headers.

That's what I do, and it works well.  I agree with others that it
might work a lot less well if I had multiple peered servers.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl () iecc com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,