nanog mailing list archives

Re: EMAIL != FTP

From: "M. David Leonard" <mdl () equinox shaysnet com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 07:55:17 -0400 (EDT)

        Sorry, can't resist replying here.  In my limited (7 years)
experience, 99% of all large file transfers via e-mail consist of dancing
babies, horny snowmen, clumsy reindeer/monkeys/people movie clips.  Oh,
did I mention the plethora of cutesy jack-o-lanterns around October
31st?  I also find it remarkable that no one seems to protect these
'sensitive' documents with PGP or another encryption method since we all
know that e-mail is in plain text.  What were you saying about ftp being
insecure?

                                        David Leonard
                                        ShaysNet