nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reality Check

From: Scott Francis <scott () virtualis com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:19:26 -0800

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 10:53:04PM +0000, Jim Dixon had this to say:
I think that in the real world if several different registries offered
the same top level domain and this resulted in any ambiguity, no one
would use the top level domain.  The market would sort out any
ambiguity very very quickly.

_I_ think you give the market much more credit than it deserves. But that's
just based on my own limited experience. *shrug*

--
Scott Francis           scott@   [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst     darkuncle@   [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t