nanog mailing list archives

Re: new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

From: bert hubert <ahu () ds9a nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:59:29 +0100

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:30:18PM -0800, Steve Rubin wrote:

I thought VC's started doing research before handing out $$?  If this was
1999, it wouldn't surprise me.  But my god, you would think these fools
would learn.  Anyone want to start a free colocation facility?  Free dial,
free colo, whats the difference.  I'm sure whoever funded New.net will
fund us!

If you get IE to support these newfangled fake TLDs, noone will know the
difference. The only thing that wouldn't work for >95% of the internet would
be email.

Get hotmail and yahoo to support it, and the rest of the world is forced to
go along.

This is no joke - it's an expensive gamble, which is what VCs are good at.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People